Why do people start raids? How to complete them? This article is for newcomers in World of Warcraft, novice raiders, and other readers who want to learn more about the WoW raids.
In this article, we are going to talk about one of the most famous and beloved products by numerous gamers — World of Warcraft.
World of Warcraft is a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG (MMORPG) game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft takes place in the Warcraft fantasy universe. The game was released in 2004. It has been delighting players from all over the world for many years.
What are World of Warcraft Raids?
Once you start playing WoW, you may become interested in many of the things that happen in it — professions, pet battles, exploring the world, studying the history of the game and the fate of characters, battles with other players. And the most noticeable thing in WoW that no player can’t ignore is the raids.
World of Warcraft is a game that is actually built on raids and everything related to them. And it doesn’t force anyone to participate in these very raids. WoW is a social game in which people unite into large groups of players (any group of 6 or more players is considered a raid in the game) to perform some special adventures: battles with too powerful enemies (raids) or with other players (PVP).
All raid dungeons have two raid sizes: a small raid (10 players) and a large one (25 players). In World of Warcraft Classic, raid dungeons were also designed for 40-man raids. But, now, they are no longer made. Today, raids with more than 25 participants are for PvP only.
The raid is controlled by a raid leader who can exclude or accept people into the raid, give out promotions, and perform other actions.
How to start a raid?
World of Warcraft has a very flexible raid customization system. There are four difficulties in total: LFR (Looking For Raid), Normal, Heroic, and Mythic. Anyone can take part in the simplest battle — you need to join an automatic queue and wait until a group is formed. That is. The rest of the modes are available only for pre-formed groups.
In Heroic and Mythic modes, newcomers are not expected at all — the leaders of the random groups require a corresponding achievement, or you can see the ‘need curve‘. Needless to say, to obtain such achievement, you must complete the same raid successfully.
Fortunately, currently, gamers can get into the top team thanks to the WoW raid boost services. Secure connection, guarantee, and customer support from such companies will allow you to take part in battles as the best players team member.
What do raids give players?
The word ‘loot’ first comes to mind of experienced players reading this article. That is, if you ask people around: “why do they start this or that raid?” — they will tell you they are going to get powerful items for their character.
There are several reasons why raids are so popular among players. Here are some of them:
- The first reason is the desire to take part in some epic, significant events within the game. You can achieve this goal in PvE raids (Player vs Environment or battles with computer-controlled enemies).
The scheme is simple and ingenious. You always have at least one current raid, which you can complete on one of four difficulties. And during the raid, you will be told the details of the events taking place in it.
- The next reason is a person’s desire to stay in a huge group of people engaged in one single event — a raid. It can be more or less clear-cut and concrete in boss raids, or less definite, say, on epic battlefields. But the very perception that you are doing something significant with other people is, to our opinion, the most meaningful thing that attracts people to raids.
- Loot, loot, and loot — a character’s stuff, items, or money. Any raid is about challenging enemies. So the reward for defeating them is great — low-chance or extremely rare loot. Characters with raid loot are significantly stronger than characters who don’t engage in raids or similar activities or events.
There are many more reasons why people start and complete raids:
- gathering and collecting. Players can find unique items in each raid.
- Raid environment, gameplay, or graphics.
- Free time. Raids are fun and interesting (if not complete them every day, of course).
For the most part, gamers start and complete raids because they enjoy playing and communicating with other players and achieving a certain goal together.
We hope you enjoyed our article and found something useful for yourself. World of Warcraft is a fascinating and addictive game. It’s not for nothing that it’s so popular among players from all over the world.
Raiding in WoW can be called a hobby or any kind of sport. Someone is engaged in it as an amateur. And someone as a professional. You can make money on it or just have fun. Anyway, we wish you all the best!