Best Selenium Alternatives will be discussed in this article. An open-source automated testing tool is Selenium. It can test web applications across many platforms and browsers for functionality, regression, and load. Although one of the best tools, selenium has certain disadvantages. In the market, Selenium has a few formidable competitors. A well curated list of Selenium substitutes is provided below.
Top 17 Selenium Alternatives & Competitors In 2023
In this article, you can know about Selenium Alternatives here are the details below;
The greatest all-around codeless Selenium replacement for modern end-to-end UI testing is testRigor.
- Compared to Selenium, simple English tests can be written up to 15 times faster. Leave XPaths and other locators behind.
- Web, mobile, and API cross-platform and cross-browser tests
- Tests that are extremely reliable (200 times more reliable than Selenium), some businesses even use them for monitoring
- Integrate CI/CD, problem tracking, and test case tracking software without a hitch.
- Include as many parallelizations as necessary to enable quick test run results.
- Your data is in secure hands because the company is SOC 2 Type 2 certified.
Rapise is a strong test automation tool for scriptless API, desktop, mobile, and web app testing.
- Any browser can record and playback, and live validation is available while recording.
- Through its object-based methodology, you may drag and drop tests to create and refine them. Rapise’s robust maintenance features and self-healing AI-driven locators allow objects to update concurrently.
- Utilising its user-friendly visual, keyword-driven structure, RVL, edit recorded tests.
- Rapise interacts with third-party CI/CD/ALM systems, sophisticated applications (MS Dynamics, Salesforce.com, SAP), and offers built-in support for data-driven testing.
With more than 500,000 customers who rely on it, Katalon Platform provides the best of both Selenium and Appium by removing their complexities while still being a potent automation solution with cutting-edge features.
Flexible test design: The record and playback method makes it simple to generate tests. built-in keywords and sophisticated scripting tools.
Strong test execution: Run automation tests on several platforms and allow CI/CD pipelines with built-in connections for Gitlab and Circle CI
- Keyword-driven testing, page object model testing, data-driven testing, and TDD/BDD testing are all supported testing approaches.
- With Katalon robust object locators and auto-healing utilities, test maintenance is kept to a minimum.
- A centralised and shared report dashboard: Informative graphs at every testing step for better project management and accessibility for all participants.
Even for the most dynamic apps, Virtuoso uses AI to automatically run end-to-end tests without writing any code. Virtuoso is an effective no-code test automation tool that can work with iFrames and store dynamic data. To achieve end-to-end test coverage, create functional tests utilising Natural Language Programming (plain English, similar to how you would write a manual test script), integrated API testing, and Visual Regression tests. Intelligent Object Identification from Virtuoso is self-maintaining and uses AI to discover xPaths and selectors from basic suggestions.
- Before your application is constructed, write tests in natural language from wireframes or specifications.
- AI-driven self healing capabilities will eliminate the requirement for test maintenance.
- Recognise the underlying causes of test failures
- execute at scale on any device, browser, or operating system
- In order to use them in functional tests, anyone can create API calls and store them.
- Finding every visual regression using snapshot testing and baselines
A cloud-based, “true codeless” test automation tool called Subject7 allows anyone to become an automation expert while unifying all testing on a single platform. Our user-friendly software helps organisations speed test automation codelessly and at scale by leveraging open-source standards and reducing technical complexities.
- utilises open APIs, native plugins, and in-app integrations to seamlessly integrate with DevOps/Agile tooling.
- Enterprise-grade security for high-scale parallel execution in the cloud or on-premise.
- Flexible defect reporting with video results capturing.
- With straightforward, unmetered pricing and financial stability,
- uses open-source tools like Selenium, Appium, SikuliX, JMeter, ZAP, and others, and enhances them.
The two largest problems in testing—slow test authoring and unreliable tests—are addressed by Testim, the premier AI-powered test automation platform. Companies all across the world, including Microsoft, Salesforce, Devada, and many others, rely on Testim’s low-code platform.
- Create end-to-end tests that can self-heal and self-improve.
- Increase test coverage quickly and maintain release schedules.
- Unmatched adaptability thanks to programmed operations that can be executed within or outside of the browser.
- Parallel cross-browser tests are done on Testim’s or third-party grids.
- Teams may effectively scale their automation initiatives with control and visibility thanks to Testim’s TestOps features.
A BDD (behaviour driven development) testing tool is called cucumber.
- Business and IT teams can comprehend the tests thanks to the implementation of BDD.
- Cucumber combines test and specification documentation into a single, coherent text.
- regularly updated and supported by a sizable community.
8. UFT (Unified Functional Test)
The most powerful commercial test automation tool is UFT, sometimes referred to as QTP (Quick Test Professional). It was initially created by Mercury Interactive, was later purchased by HPE, and is currently under the control of MicroFocus. It is among the most effective selenium alternatives and is helpful for both functional and regression testing.
- Not only does UFT support web development, but also several environments like SAP, Oracle, Seibel, etc.
- It is one of the best Selenium replacement tools that allows testing across several platforms and browsers.
- The finest object recognition technology available today uses images.
- Faster test changes and upgrades are made possible by the use of visual test script design.
- When compared to other test scripting languages, QTP/UFT leverages the user-friendly VBScript language.
A record and playback tool for web testing is called iMacros. Repetitive tasks can also be automated with iMacros. This evaluation technique is utilised for
- Free add-on for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. can virtually all Web tasks be automated.
- Web applications can be tested for functionality, performance, and regression with this Selenium replacement tool.
- With the aid of iMacros, you may insert data directly into an Excel sheet or upload data from a spreadsheet to a website.
- Test website technology such as Java, Flex, Ajax, or Silverlight applets using automated functional, performance, and regression testing.
An open source test automation tool for web environments is called Cypress. Compared to Selenium, this tool is far more in line with contemporary development standards.
- How many tests passed or failed may be seen using the test status menu option.
- Before continuing, Cypress automatically awaits instructions and assertions.
- It is among the best Selenium options for testing responsive websites with viewport scaling.
- It records a test run in pictures. It records the entire test run for headless execution.
- Cypress reloads the tests after each modification is made.
- The python selenium alternative shows the specific automation operations on the web app during test execution in the Command Log and the app preview.
An alternative to Selenium for automated acceptance and regression tests is Serenity BDD. One of the greatest Selenium alternatives, it creates test reports that detail and document the coverage of functional tests.
- It is among the finest selenium substitutes since it offers commentary/narrative and screenshots for each test step.
- Aggregate comparisons of test results by release or requirements.
- With the aid of this Selenium replacement tool, you may create cleaner, easier-to-maintain automation code.
- Relate your automated tests to your specifications.
- Test Coverage is provided.
An automatic tool for functional and regression testing is IBM Rational Functional Tester. One of the greatest Selenium alternatives, it provides automated functional, regression, GUI, and data-driven testing features. Numerous applications are supported, including Java, Siebel, SAP, Net, PowerBuilder, Ajax, etc.
- Using screenshots to perform visual editing
- Your development teams may produce linked keyword scripts with Rational Functional Tester that are simple to reuse and increase productivity.
- Eclipse facilitates the coding of Java test scripts.
- The automated code completion and sophisticated debugging features of this functional testing tool
- Simple integration with additional third-party applications
13. Galen Framework
Galen framework was primarily developed to test web application layouts in actual browsers. Today, it is a testing framework with all necessary functions. Selenium can be used with this automated test tool to test web applications’ visual appearance and layout.
- Reporting HTML-Based Errors with Images
- Simple syntax to write and read
- One of the greatest alternatives to Selenium that supports several browsers is this one.
- You may define any complex layout, including variations in screen widths or browsers, using the Galen specifications language.
- Selenium Grid works well with Galen Framework. This enables the setup of tests to run in a cloud environment similar to Sauce Labs or BrowserStack.
SikuliX automates everything that can be seen on a screen running a Linux, Mac, or Windows operating system. One of the greatest Selenium rivals employs OpenCV-powered image recognition to recognise and manage GUI elements. The foundation of SikuliX workflows is picture searching and mouse and keyboard interaction with GUI elements.
- SikuliX is useful for automating routine chores.
- It can be utilised to automate a routine job or desktop/web application.
An open source framework for test automation is RedwoodHQ. It is set up on a single server, and numerous users can access it via the web interface. One of the best browsers without installation that can run any HTML5-compatible browser is this one.
- It enables real-time observation of test execution with thorough results, clickable stack trace errors, and screenshots.
- It permits running automated test cases simultaneously on various machines.
- Create new test cases and import existing TestNG/JUnit test cases.
Watir is a free Ruby library that may be used to automate the test. One of the competitors to Selenium that provides functional and regression web tests is this one.
- Whatever language a web application is developed in, it is supported.
- It works with several browsers and various platforms.
- Watir is a group of Ruby libraries, although it also works with other platforms.
- Instead of a proprietary vendor script, it makes use of Ruby, a feature-rich modern scripting language.
- Able to carry out both API and load testing
- Robust object repository functionality.
- Provides continuous integration support.
- Support for Telerik UI Controls in Native Language
- Testing browser dialogues and HTML popups
Which features should you bring into account when choosing Selenium Alternatives?
- Before choosing the Selenium alternatives, take into account the following factors.
- Desired Platform Support: SAP, Citrix, Web, Desktop, etc.
- Licencing fees, if any.
- When working on an outsourcing project, you must consider the client’s preferred selenium substitute.
- The price associated with teaching staff how to use the product.
- Hardware and software specifications for Selenium competitors’ software
- The vendor of the automation tool’s support and update policy.
Which Selenium Alternatives Are the Best?
The Best Selenium Alternatives are listed below:
- Platform Katalon
How do I choose the best test automation tool for Selenium alternatives?
- Here is a straightforward procedure to choose the ideal Selenium Alternative tool for your project requirements.
- Decide which tests should be automated.
- The automation options that suit your objectives and budget should be the subject of research.
- Choose the two tools that will work best for the job based on the requirements.
- Test the two best tools, then choose the better one.
- With other stakeholders, go over your choice of automation technologies, justify it, and seek their support.
- Test the automation now.
- There isn’t a best tool available. You must choose the finest tool for the objectives of your test automation project.
Why is it paramount to choose the right Selenium Alternative automation tool?
There are other automation testing tools available as Selenium alternatives. While some of them are expensive, others are free. While some of these industrialization solutions are rather old, others have only recently joined the market. Each instrument is distinct and has certain qualities.
It strength be challenging to select the ideal test automation tool for a project because there are so many options available, and testers frequently use solutions that don’t meet project needs. Therefore, picking the appropriate technology for your job is crucial.