Best Nagios Alternatives will be described in this article. An open source network monitoring programme is called Nagios. It aids businesses in locating and fixing problems with their IT infrastructure. Nagios might be challenging to integrate into automatic provisioning procedures, though. A few more Nagios problems also exist. Here is a compiled index of the best tools that Nagios can be replaced by. This list includes both open-source and paid Network Monitoring Tools with the most recent download link and well-known features.
Top 19 Best Nagios Alternatives In 2023
Top 19 Best Nagios Alternatives are explained here.
With the help of Auvik’s cloud-based network management and monitoring software, IT professionals can quickly manage remote networks and devices, automate repetitive activities, and proactively address urgent technological concerns. Auvik offers real-time discovery right out of the box, nimble network visualisation, automated backups, thorough device monitoring, and in-depth traffic flow analysis.
- 1st Best Pick
- Supported Platform: Web-based Auvik Auvik 5.0
- Small- to large-sized companies.
- Cloud-based deployment
- Trial Offer: 14-Day Free Offer
- Features of Auvik visits:
- IT asset administration
- Network mapping and visibility
- Monitoring and troubleshooting of performance
- Backup and restoration of configuration
OpManager is a comprehensive network management system that offers network performance monitoring, server monitoring, VM monitoring, WLC monitoring, storage monitoring capabilities, and more for effective and hassle-free network monitoring. With OpManager, IT administrators may immediately identify the source of a network issue and resolve it.
- Options for device finding, mapping, grouping, and mass configuration
- Network monitoring in real time
- Monitoring of physical and virtual servers for hosts and virtual machines (VMs) using the virtualization technologies VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix, and Citrix XenServer.
- Support for a variety of network devices out of the box.
- Anzeigen und Widgets
- Agentless network surveillance
3. Network Bandwidth Analyzer
A tool that allows you to maintain track of the network’s performance is called Network Bandwidth Analyzer. You may track response time, availability, switches, and more with its assistance.
- Which network application consumes the most bandwidth can be determined.
- Provides visual analysis for a delivery path-equipped device.
- This application can keep track of network issues.
- The path has changed, and there is a problem with the fin service provider.
- You can move performance metrics around on a timeline using the tool.
- Keep track of the environment’s logical SDN (Software Defined Networking) component.
- Check out Network Band.
The sophisticated infrastructure management capabilities of PRTG network monitoring software are well-known. Using technologies like SNMP, WMI, Sniffing, REST APIS, SQL, and others, the programme keeps track of IT infrastructure. This is another Nagios Alternatives. Also check Peppertype AI Alternatives
- PRTG may ping specified IP ranges to scan network segments.
- Helps you construct web pages with the appropriate design and the most recent monitoring data.
- Simple and adaptable alerts
- Different user interfaces
- When it detects alerts or strange metrics in your network, it notifies you.
- Go here for Paessler
A tool for protocol analysis and network traffic monitoring is called Microsoft Network Monitor. You may record, inspect, and analyse network traffic with the aid of this tool. It is useful for analysing network issues as well as applications on the network.
Shinken is a framework for monitoring. This Nagios substitute offers complete virtualization integration, limitless scalability, and availability similar to RAID.
- Quick server and application monitoring
- Reuse of Nagios configuration is possible.
- Add new export techniques, such as Graphite, and load data from new sources, such as Puppet and Mysql.
Spiceworks is an intuitive networking monitoring solution that provides real-time status and notifications for your important devices.
- This free Nagios substitute tool is straightforward to install and configure.
- You can change the alert thresholds for emails or in-app alerts.
- Support is offered at no cost. Chat either on the phone or online
- Get rapid insights and identify sluggish, overloaded, or slow systems.
- Visit this website to download the free network monitoring and management software: spiceworks.com.
An open source monitoring tool is Zabbix. This network monitoring tool’s primary functions are trending and monitoring. A lot of servers & network gear are monitored using this software. It is among the greatest open source alternatives to Nagios that can predict future behaviour using the past. This is another Nagios Alternatives.
- Simple network performance and health monitoring
- Flexible and scalable data collection
- Different metric collection techniques and protocols
- Configuration alterations
With the aid of technologies like switch traffic monitoring and flow analyzer, NetCrunch Network keeps an eye on both your network traffic and architecture.
- Packs for monitoring multiple SNMP devices
- Configuration Based on Policies
- SNMP Notifications & Traps
10. The Dude
A network monitoring tool called The Dude network monitor automatically analyses all devices inside predetermined subnets. You may create network maps and layouts. Additionally, it notifies you when some equipment is malfunctioning.
- Any type or brand of equipment is found using automatic network discovery and layout.
- Device SVG icons are given for quick identification. Custom backgrounds and icons are also available.
- Direct access from device management remote control tools
It is an open source tool for monitoring services and infrastructure. Your IT environment’s health is modified and reported via Icinga. The dashboard will show all alert dependencies, and notifications will also be sent via email, SMS, or mobile messaging apps. This is another Nagios Alternatives. Also check LogMeIn Alternatives
- Observation of Services
- Supports SNMP monitoring as well as direct monitoring
- Enables zone monitoring configuration and templates and clustering
Nmap is free software that can be used for security auditing and network discovery. You may manage service upgrade schedules and do network inventory with this network monitoring tool.
- The Nmap utility is free to download and includes the entire source code.
- This Nagios substitute offers a wide range of cutting-edge methods for visualising networks that contain IP filters, firewalls, routers, etc.
- It is capable of scanning enormous networks with literally millions of machines.
- Extensive backing from a development and user community
13. Logic Monitor
An automatic SaaS network monitoring solution is LogicMonitor. The interface, alerts, and reports may all be customised with this Nagios replacement programme. The programme can predict concerns by offering trend analysis and predicted changes.
- Finds all network interfaces and devices
- Monitors hardware such as the CPU, memory, temperature, and fans.
- Monitor BGP sessions and OSPF adjacencies
- Be on the lookout for Power Over Ethernet loads.
- Monitoring of wireless access points
You can locate the root of issues everywhere with the help of networking monitoring software called a thousand eyes. Instantly communicate your findings and address problems before they hurt your clients, services, and earnings. This is another Nagios Alternatives.
- Visualise various network data layers to examine various infrastructure, services, and applications
- From smart agents spread out around the Internet, give a unique perspective on every aspect of the network.
- Utilises algorithms to aid in assisting you in finding causes
- Integrate information and insights into processes and systems that are already in place.
An open source monitoring tool called NetXMS enables you to keep an eye on whole IT infrastructures. Hardware that supports SNMP is the first step, while server-based applications are the last.
- Designed with scalability and maximum performance in mind
- Monitoring a network from a distance
- Aids in automatic network detection.
- Rapid deployment and little configuration work
- Numerous platforms and operating systems are supported by Native.
16. OP5 Monitor
Based on the Open Source project Nagios, OP5 Monitor is software for server, network, and management monitoring. The performance, health, and status of the IT network are shown by the OP5 Monitor. This is another Nagios Alternatives.
- Log Server Inspection
- Interactive dashboards that can be fully customised
- Scalability that is unparalleled in distributed environments
- SNMP traps can be read, processed, and used to provide alerts.
- Instantaneous Self-Healing
Free network scanner for LAN analysis is advanced IP scanner. This network analysis application enables remote computer control, access to shared folders, and even the ability to turn off your PCs.
- No installation is necessary to detect MAC addresses.
- Download link for exporting scan results to CSV is available at advanced-ip-scanner.com.
An automatic network monitoring tool is Observium. It functions with a wide variety of platforms, operating systems, and device kinds. The programme provides an easy-to-use interface for viewing the condition and health of your network.
- Using the traffic accounting feature, you can monitor and charge customers for their bandwidth use.
- Several third-party applications are supported
- You can configure thresholds and the failure status of various entities with the aid of the threshold alerting system.
- Increases the dependability of your network by identifying a variety of potential problems
A network forensic analysis tool is called NetworkMiner. The utility enables processing a PCAP file or performing packet sniffing to determine the OS, hostname, and open ports of network hosts. This is another Nagios Alternatives.
- Sniffing and network forensics
- Under the credentials tab, user credentials for protocols that are supported can be extracted.
- For keywords, you can search intercepted or archived data.
- A USB flash stick that was made especially for NetworkMiner Professional is included.
The following URL is the download location for NetworkMiner:
Describe Nagios Tool.
An open-source network monitoring programme is called Nagios. It aids businesses in locating and fixing problems with their IT infrastructure. It provides monitoring for entire networks, infrastructures, and systems. Both when an issue with a network infrastructure arises and when it is fixed, it sends notifications.
Which Nagios alternatives are the best?
Here are some of the top Nagios substitutes:
- Auvik ManageEngine Paessler’s OpManager Network Bandwidth Analyzer
- Shinken Microsoft Network Monitor
How does a network monitoring tool operate?
A network infrastructure’s individual equipment, such as routers, switches, servers, etc., are examined by a network monitoring tool. The network monitoring software is connected to each and every device in the network infrastructure. The network monitoring tool then offers network administrators information on the condition and functionality of network components. If there is a issue with the network, it notifies the network administrator so that it can be rectified right away and the performance and health of the network are maintained.