This post will explain error 0x800f081f. At times, when you are doing a setup or updating Windows, this error: 0x800f081f can appear. This happens due to the incompatibilities brought on by Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5. Usually, these incompatibilities occur when the users enable the.NET Framework. This is done utilizing the Windows PowerShell Command, the Deployment Image Servicing, and Management tool, or the setup wizard.
How To Solve Windows 10 Update Error 0x800f081f?
In this article, you can know about error 0x800f081f here are the details below;
This error can be found only on the os of Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, Windows Server variation 1709, Windows Server 2016, and Windows 10. On all these OS variations, the.NET Framework is a “Feature on Demand”. For this reason, when the users turn it on, the updates of Windows tries to acquire the binaries of.NET and other important files. However, if you have actually not configured your computer effectively, this error will appear due to the fact that it can not find the essential apply for the.NET. Also check smartdraw software.
Solutions for the Windows upgrade error 0x800f081f
So, let us see the different methods that you can utilize to fix this 0x800f081f error.
Group Policy configuration
When you are setting up an application, instead of a recently installed structure, it requires a.NET structure 3.5. This error 0x800f081f is faced when the earlier variation is handicapped and the path is not found. You can repair this issue by following these steps:-.
- Press the R and the Windows key at the same time to open the dialog box of “Run”.
- Now, in the Run box, you need to type in “gpedit.msc” and struck Enter”.
- After that, you will go into the “Local group policy editor”.
- In the Group Policy Editor, go into the folder of “Computer setups” then the folder of “Administrative Templates” and then go to “System”.
- Now, you have to select the “Specify settings for optional part installation and element repair” alternative and double-click on it.
- A new window will open and here you have to allow the choice and then pick the choice of “OKAY”.
Doing this, the error 0x800f081f Windows upgrade will ideally be resolved. However, if the problem is still there, you can move to the next service.
Usage DISM command for enabling.NET structure.
You can allow the.NET structure with the help of the DISM command. Follow the actions offered below to utilize the DISM command and make it possible for the.NET framework.
- Open the Command Prompt with administrative opportunities.
- Type in the provided command.
Dism/ online/ enable-feature/featurename: NetFx3All/Source:: \ sources \ sxs/ LimitAccess.
- Mention the course where the ISO lies, you need to mention the letter of the drive.
- Install the ISO and the process will be started.
Doing this, the error 0x800f081f will get resolved and you will have the ability to install your updates and other applications too.
Reinstalling.NET Framework 3.5.
You can likewise install a new variation of.NET Framework 3.5 to fix this 0x800f081f error. You can follow these actions for setting up the.NET Framework 3.5:-.
- Go to the option of “Settings” and after that pick the choice of “Apps”. After that, you need to click the choice of “Apps and Features”. Then, scroll down the list and click the alternative of ‘Related Settings”. After that, select the alternative of “Programs and Features”.
- Then, on the new window, you have to go to the upper left corner of the screen and pick the option of “Turn Windows functions on or off”.
- Lastly, for the alternative of “. Internet Framework 3.5” you have to check the checkbox located next to it. Then, click “OKAY”. The setup will be finished within a few minutes. The speed will differ depending upon your internet speed.
After this process, the error of 0x800f081f Windows 10 upgrade will probably be resolved.
Detach all the USB devices.
This error can often take place due to the USB gadgets linked to your system. Hence, it is much better to get rid of any linked USB gadgets from your computer. After doing this, inspect if the error 0x800f081f is still there.
Utilizing the Windows upgrade troubleshooter.
- Press the “Start” key and type “troubleshooting” in the search bar.
- From the search results page, you will be able to discover the alternative of Troubleshooter.
- After that, select the choice of “System & Security”. Next, you need to go to the “Fix issues with Windows Update” alternative. This will help you to launch the “Windows upgrade troubleshooter.
- Then, choose the choice of “innovative”, and after that inspect package next to the alternative of “Apply repairs immediately”. After that, pick the option of “Run as Administrator” and click the button of “Next”.
Now, you have to follow the on-screen direction to complete the procedure effectively. Examine if the Windows upgrade error 0x800f081f is solved or not. If not, you can relocate to the next solution. Also check backpage alternatives.
Manually installing the Windows update.
You can also download the updates by hand from the “Microsoft Update Catalog History”.
- You need to type the name of the update that you desire in the Search box and hit Enter.
- Now, from the list of results, you need to choose the upgrade that you are looking for.
- After that, press on the button of “Add” for the updates that you wish to download. This will include all your chosen updates in the basket.
- When you have picked all the updates you require, you need to click on the alternative of “view basket”.
- After confirming the list to ensure that all the downloads that you need exist, you can now press the choice of “Download”. If you see any triggers for a licence, you need to accept it.
- Then, you have to pick the place where you want the updates to get downloaded.
- Now, you have to start the download by clicking on “Continue”.
- Next, you need to close the window of “Download” after the downloading process is complete.
- After that, go to the area where you have conserved the updates and after that you have to install each of them by double-clicking on the files.
You need to follow the on-screen guidelines for effectively setting up the updates. Also check Latest security patch for Android 11.
I hope that the above solutions will help you repair the error 0x800f081f on Windows 10. These are really simple and efficient approaches that you can implement and you will not face any trouble in installing an application or downloading an update.