This post will explain error 0x80042405 – 0xa001a. The error code 8007000e is generally come across by the WIndows users when they are looking for updates. The factor for this error to appear can be that the folder where the WIndows updates are stored has been corrupted. So, if you are facing this error, you don’t need to fret. Here, I will be discussing different techniques to solve this error.
How to Fix Error Code 8007000E in Windows 7 Update?
In this article, you can know about error 0x80042405 – 0xa001a here are the details below;
Procedures to fix the error code 8007000e
This error shows up in Windows 7 only. Here are the various approaches that you can execute to repair this Windows upgrade error. Also check alexa blueprints.
1. KB3102810 upgrade setup
- You need to download Internet Explorer 11 and install it. After that, you have to reboot your PC.
- Now, you have to pick the KB3102810 upgrade and download it. Nevertheless, do not install it right now.
- Initially, you have to reboot the PC.
- When your computer system starts up, install this KB3102810 upgrade.
- When the setup is complete, you have to reboot your computer.
- Next, you have to restore the folder for “SoftwareDistribution”. For that, you have to initially open the Windows Services Control Panel. You will be able to do it by clicking the R and the Windows button at the same time. In the Run box, you need to write “service.msc” and after that press the button of “OK”.
- After that, you have to discover the “Windows Update” service.
- Then, you need to right-click on it and click the choice of “Stop”.
- Now, you have to delete the folder of SoftwareDistribution. For that, you have to go to the “C” drive and to the folder of “Windows”.
- After finding it, pick the folder and click on the option of “Delete”.
- Next, you need to open the “Control Panel” again.
- After that, you need to find the option of “Windows Update” and choose the alternative of “Start”.
Now, check for updates and see if the error code 8007000e is still revealing.
2. Windows System files repair work
You can also attempt to fix the problem by fixing the system files. Follow the actions provided below to successfully complete the repair. Also check error 0x800f081f.
- Select the “Start” icon and after that pick the alternative of “All Programs”. After that, click the option of “Accessories”.
- Within this choice, you will find the option of “Command Prompt”. Right-click on it and choose the option of “Run as administrator”.
- Now, you need to compose “sfc/ scannow” in the command prompt and struck Enter.
- Next, you have to await some time as the Windows System Files are being fixed by the System File Checker.
- After the procedure is complete, reboot your computer.
- Now, you can search for the updates that you desire and after that attempt to install them.
Examine if the Windows update error 8007000e is still showing after this process.
3. Utilize the System Update Readiness Tool
Another way of solving this issue is to use the System Update Readiness Tool.
- Initially, you need to download the System Update Readiness Tool. Download the tool that works with your version of Windows. Because this tool is routinely updated, you should find the most recent version.
- On the web page of the Download Center, you need to click the alternative of “Download”. Then, you can pick any of the two alternatives:-.
- You can choose to set up the tool afterward. Start the downloading process by choosing the choice of “Save”. This will download the apply for setup on your computer system. You will have the ability to set up the tool later at your own time.
- However, you can also choose the instant installation procedure. You have to pick the alternative of “Run” or “Open”. Then, you need to follow the on-screen directions.
- After you have installed the tool, in the dialog box of “Windows Update Standalone Installer” you have to choose the choice of “Yes”.
- Now the tool will get set up. At the same time, it will likewise run immediately. Usually, this procedure takes about 15 minutes or less, however, it can likewise take longer than that. You need to wait patiently up until the progress bar reveals that the process is total.
- After the installation process is total, click the button of “Close”.
- Finally, reinstall the upgrade that you were trying to update earlier.
Examine if the Windows update error 8007000e is still there. You can transfer to the next solution if you see that the error is still present. Also check p 2 p programs .
4. Turn off any third-party security software.
This error can also show up when the third-party anti-malware and anti-virus software application you are using disrupts with the upgrade of the WIndows. So, it is better to disable this software if you have actually installed any. After disabling them, examine if the error code 8007000e is still revealing or not. If this approach did not work for you, then you can go to the next service.
5. SoftwareDistribution folder renaming.
Another reason for this error to take place might be due to some harmed or corrupt folders of SoftwareDistribution. These folders can be repaired by relabeling them. You can follow these steps to rename the folders:-.
- Open the Run box by pressing the R and the Windows button at the same time. After that, type “cmd” in package and then, to run the Command Prompt as an administrator, you have to push Ctrl + Shift + Enter at the same time.
- Now, you need to type in the provided command and after that hit Enter.
ren %systemroot% \ SoftwareDistribution software distribution.old.
This will help you to rename the folder to SoftwareDistribution.old.
- When the procedure is completed, you need to close the window of Command Prompt by typing “Exit” and pushing Enter.
After this, you have to reboot your PC. Now, examine if the error code 8007000e is still showing up.
I hope you will have the ability to make use of these solutions and solve your WIndows upgrade issue. All of these services are really efficient and easy to carry out. I am sure that you will get results from any one of the above-discussed services. So, follow them carefully and resolve the error code 8007000e by yourself.